If you are at all familiar with Christian Collegian Network (CCN) and the ministry they do on college campuses across the nation, then you know that these Missionaries in America are fighting on the front lines of a spiritual war. In fact, they’ve gone past the front line and have traversed into enemy territory, usually by themselves, without any cavalry to call for backup! CCN Campus Leaders are fighting every day to reach countless people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
But who are these enemy forces that CCN battles against?
- Satan – Every army has a general that leads the troops and “that ancient serpent” has been leading men astray since the Garden of Eden. (Genesis 3, Revelation 12:9)
- Professors – Entrusted with the task of teaching the students, most professors merely spew anti-God rhetoric from their lecterns. “They exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator…” (Romans 1:25).
- False Teachers/Preachers/Christians – There is no shortage of wolves on the college campus, seeking to distort the Word of God and deceive many. “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves” (Matthew 7:15).
- Atheists/Agnostics – There are many that claim there is no God or say we can’t know if there is a God. “For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools” (Romans 1:21-22).
- Other Religions – The sheer amount of non-Christian religious groups on each campus is astounding… and they’re all leading students away from the truth! “Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me’” (John 14:6).
- School Shooters – Gun-free zones (typical for many colleges) are nothing more than a shiny, red bullseye in the eyes of these demented individuals. “He sits in ambush in the villages; in hiding places he murders the innocent. His eyes stealthily watch for the helpless” (Psalm 10:8).
Now that we know about the enemies, we need to ask ourselves, who are CCN Campus Leaders fighting for?
- Jesus Christ – The General over CCN Missionaries and other born-again Christians that “fight the good fight of the faith” (1 Timothy 6:12).
- False Teachers/Preachers/Christians
- Other Religions
- School Shooters
The only difference in these lists is the General. While CCN may fight a spiritual battle against these people, the Campus Leaders still love them. They love those on the college campus enough to share the truth of Jesus Christ with them, warning as many as possible about the wrath of God, which “is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men” (Romans 1:18).
After all, the Gospel “is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes” (Romans 1:16). God can change the most vile and wicked of hearts into a heart filled with love and compassion for others. In Ezekiel 36:26, God says, “I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.”
Christian Collegian Network trains their Campus Leaders on how to share the Gospel biblically and compassionately, without watering down the truth. They have learned how to defend the truth of God’s Word against any and all attacks. These faithful men and women are on college campuses every week, not just sharing the Gospel all over America, but also preparing other Christians for this war through solid Bible teaching.
“The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest. Go your way; behold, I am sending you out as lambs in the midst of wolves” (Luke 10:2-3).