Fundraising takes faith. "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."
Simple Online Fundraising Through CCN
Once you have been approved to attend a CCN evangelism camp and/or mission trip, you may utilize our free fundraising tool to help you easily and effectively raise financial support online to attend your mission trip by building your own fundraising page through 7 simple steps.You can raise part or all of your funds through this free online tool.
Did you know? Building a page is simple, effective, and fun... and helps grow your faith and dependence on God.
5 Important Things to Know Before Fundraising
You must read this in its entirety prior to setting up your fundraising page.
1. You cannot begin raising financial support utilizing our free fundraising tool prior to being officially approved by CCN via email.
2. You can raise part or all of your mission fee through this online tool. You may pay the balance of the funds that you did not raise to CCN using the link provided to you upon approval of your application. Otherwise, you may mail it in.
3. You cannot include additional costs, such as air fare, money for food, cost of tracts, etc. All donated money goes to CCN and no checks will be cut and sent to you to cover your additional expenses. However, you can fundraise your extra costs through another source, other than our tool. Otherwise, all extra donations that we receive, which exceeds the CCN fee for your trip, will go towards the ministry in general and must be stated clearly for donors to see on your page.
4. If for any reason you become unable to attend the missions trip, all donated money may be allocated to our Missionary Scholarship Fund. There are no refunds for either trip.
5. The online fundraising system that we use is free for you. However, there is a cost to the ministry. In order to cover the cost (when the donor does not select the option to pay the extra fee), you must add an additional 7.5% to your total amount. In other words, if the mission trip costs $199, the amount you must fundraise using the online tool is $214. If the mission trip is $330, you must fundraise is $355. If the event is $110, you must fundraise $118.25. The additional 7.5% allows the ministry to not incur the cost of you utilizing this tool.
Get Started: Begin Fundraising Today!
Follow these simple steps to begin your online fundraising. After you have completed the 7 simple steps, you will have your very own online fundraising page that you can share with your friends, church members, family, or whoever else you feel would be interested in financially supporting your mission trip.
STEP 1: Receive your acceptance email from CHANGE Collegian Network stating that you have been fully approved to attend a CCN evangelism camp or missions trip. Remember, you cannot fundraise prior to being accepted. Then, pray as you begin to fundraise in faith.
STEP 2: Start by visiting our CCN fundraising page (this page will open another window so that you can continue to read their directions). Select "Start Fundraising".
STEP 3: On the right-hand side, click on the event that you are raising money for. Then, click "Join Now".
STEP 4: Enter your email and create a password for your page, or use your existing account information. Then, follow the instructions on the form. When creating your web address, make sure that it is easy to remember so that you can share your page with others easily. Save your password to access this page later to check your fundraising progress. Before creating/editing your page, make sure you read the next step before you start!
STEP 5: It's almost time to create your fundraising page. First, make sure you read our Things to Remember As You Build Your Page in Faith. This will help you not forget important things and also make sure you create the best page possible.
STEP 6: After you finish reading the "Things to Remember", create your fundraising page! You may use the sample page provided as a guide, and even copy, paste, and adapt as needed. But, make sure you "share from your heart". Suggestion: Type and edit your text in a Word doc, then copy and paste so that you don't close the page by accident and lose what you wrote. Once completed, make sure to save your page.
STEP 7: Share your page with others! Use the tool to email it out or even post your page on your facebook or other social media accounts. Watch a video on how to promote your page via email. Those who cannot give, can see what you are doing and pray for the mission and your need. Make sure you make the most of this simple, effective tool! As with everything, cover your fundraising in prayer.
Once you reach your fundraising goal, you can continue to use this online fundraising tool to raise money for CCN by simply signing into your account, which you just created, and setting up a new page for general donations. Learn more about supporting the work of CCN through online fundraising.
- The Title of Your Page - Something that easily speaks your need and heart, such as "Please Help Me Raise Financial Support for My Mission Trip".
- Your Target Amount - The amount you are raising is the amount of your mission trip's fee plus 7.5%. In order to cover the cost (when the donor does not select the option to pay the extra fee), you must add an additional 7.5% to your total amount. In other words, if the mission trip costs $199, the amount you must fundraise using the online tool is $214. If the mission trip is $330, you must fundraise is $355. If the event costs $110, you must fundraise $118.25. The additional 7.5% allows the ministry to not incur the cost of you utilizing this tool.
- Don't Add Additional Costs - You cannot including additional costs, such as air fare, money for food, cost of tracts, etc. All donated money goes to CCN and no checks will be cut and sent to you to cover your additional expenses. However, you can fundraise your extra costs through another source, other than our tool.
- Choosing the Best Pictures - If you have pics of you sharing the gospel, it can help others to see how God is using you already for His glory. A personal, friendly pic also allows those who know you to remember your heart for the Lord and that you are a Christian, who seeks God in holiness. Don't put a picture of you having fun with friends. You want them to remember your serious, God-focused side, because you are serious about the mission at hand and called to it. It's not about how great you look in the picture, it is about showing that you are sincere.
- Using Flickr - You can upload multiple pictures using Flickr.com. When directing people to your Flickr account, make sure all the pictures you use pertain to ministry.
- Upload Pictures - Even though you can easily upload one pic and also through flickr, to add pics to the body of your page, you will need to provide an html code for your pictures. To assign an HTML code, try using a free site like ImageShack.us and follow the steps provided on the site to render an HTML code.
- Use Video - If you have a video of you ministering or you want to share the CCN promo for the event if there is one, post it up to share with your potential donors. Otherwise, you can use our videos.
- Edit the Email Message - Before you send out emails regarding your page, edit the automated message. Make sure you word it to say that you are raising funds to attend the event.
- Show Sincere Gratitude - Remember to thank everyone who donated to your mission trip by providing a personalized message. You can even follow it up with a personal phone call. Ask for prayer and share the praise reports with them when you return. But, don't forget to especially thank our Great Provider, God!
Questions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.