CCN grows onto other colleges through willing soul winners, who make a commitment to start and lead a CCN Bible fellowship.
What is a CCN Campus Leader?
Campus Leaders (non-students or students), are active CCN members, who take the next step of making the commitment to serve on the college campus mission field for a minimum of 3-years by leading and laboring alongside students through weekly CCN fellowships and on/off campus outreaches.
A Campus Leader is someone who cares about the spiritual growth of the Christians on campus and wants to see them become biblical soul winners, who are actively using their gifts, talents, and abilities to serve the Lord with joy.
Because we view all of our Campus Leaders as missionaries on the college campus, CCN requires a thorough application process (see process below). After being approved to lead a CCN on-campus fellowship, Campus Leaders receive the tools and on-going support that they need to fulfill the Great Commission on their college campus by raising up and sowing into soul winning college students.
Campus Leaders must commit to and are responsible for:
- Serving in CCN for a minimum of 3 years.
- Leading a weekly on-campus 2-hour CCN fellowship, focusing on (1) the fundamentals of the Christian faith (2) biblical evangelism, (3) apologetics (defense of the faith), (4) Christian living, and (5) how to use their gifts, talents, and abilities for the Lord. CCN fellowships are holistic and also include praise, worship, and prayer. Campus Leaders are provided with tools from CCN to accomplish this, as well as a personal mentor to help guide and pray for them throughout the school year.
- Organize and lead evangelistic outreaches for students, held on and off campus to put into practice what has been taught in the CCN fellowships.
- Work with new converts on a one-to-one basis, so that they can be filtered into a church, where they will receive discipleship.
- Be willing to meet with students interested in the gospel to to go through the Word of God, as time allows and train/delegate responsibility to capable college students.
- Love the students, pray for the students, and labor for the Lord on the college campus.
In order to apply for Campus Leadership, an applicant must:
- Already be an active CCN member (student, grad, or non-student), laboring on a college campus.
- Be able to commit to 3-years of service minimum.
- Understand and apply biblical evangelism. Learn more here.
- Have a deep burden for college students and heart to patiently labor on the college campus through building a college fellowship, teaching students through Bible studies, training in evangelism, taking them evangelizing, and discipling students.
- Have an understanding of basic Christian doctrine and be in agreement with our Statement of Faith.
- Be a member of a local church, which you attend on a consistent basis.
- Receiving discipleship and accountability in a local church.
What is the Process in Becoming an Approved CCN Campus Leader?
- Complete the below inquiry. Based on your inquiry, we will determine if our official 10+ page application for Campus Leadership should be emailed to you. Otherwise, we will respond with our explanation as to why we will not begin the application process with you at this present time. This does not mean that you will not be able to inquire again in the future.
- Complete our official CCN application (20+ pages, recording doctrinal information, etc.), which is emailed to you in a timely fashion.
- Submit letter of recommendation(s). Once your completed application and letters of recommendation have been reviewed, a phone meeting will be arranged. You may have to supply more than one letter of recommendation.
- Background check. A background check may be conducted.
- Complete phone interview(s). Depending on the candidate, there may be more than one phone interview.
After the interview process is completed, the candidate should allow up to a week before receiving a response. Each application is prayed over. If an applicant is denied, the applicant may or may not be able to reapply the following semester.
You may also use this form to apply for Assistant Campus Leadership.
Want to know more about what it means to commit to be a Campus Leader or Regional Leader? Please contact us at 973-928-7707 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.