You have repented and put your faith in Jesus and you want to know what do do now. As Christians we are called to make disciples.
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”" Matthew 28:19-20 NASB
We are disciples which means we are learners. We are to learn what God wants us to do and be and we are to go and make new disciples. We are to obey God and we are to teach others to obey God. We are to go out into the world and bring others to Christ and train them to do the same.
Jesus calls us to be fishers of men.(Matt 4:19)
We are called to lead others to Christ. If you are going to lead others you only need to be a step ahead of them. You are going to want to study and learn what God requires of you and then share what you learn with others. If people ask you a question you do not know, then you tell them I do not know but I will find out and let you know. Then you look up the answer and let them know next week. This is how you can grow. www.carm.org and www.gotquestions.org are great places to find answers.
Here are the steps and it might not be in this exact order. The basics are pray, read the Bible, obey it, teach the Bible to others and share the gospel to unbelievers.
1. Write a list of 100 people that you know. Next to their name write down if they are a believer, unbeliever or unknown. Pick 5 people that need to hear the gospel. The message that we are not good people and God is going to punish us but Jesus lived a perfect life and died on the cross and 3 days later he rose from the grave and people must repent and trust in Jesus. Make sure to remember to tell them that they are to read their Bible and radically and immediately obey what God's word says. Tell them they they need to promise to share the gospel with 5 other people each week and have them make the same list of 100 people. Ask them to meet you in a week to see if they have shared the gospel with others and so you can spend time in Bible Study with them. At the meeting help them with any issues that they have and tell them to meet with the 5 people that they shared with. You will go to that meeting and help them with their meeting. (Remember if you do not know the answer to a question you just say"I do not know by I will find the answer. Then you look of the answer and share it with them the next week you meet.) Plan to have a weekly Bible Study with this person. Invite everyone you witness to this Bible Study.) Listen to Hell's Best Kept Secret and True and False Conversions. Then you can learn to share your faith at www.livingwaters.com
2. You need to have accountability. Find someone the same gender as you that is a Christian and is willing to meet with you each week on the phone or in person. Each week you will pick a few chapters to read several times that week and answer the questions that are on this sheet. When you have your meeting take turns reading the questions and answering them. Answer the questions honestly. Do not let this meeting be a gossip. Only talk about your sins and not the sins of others. Promise to not tell anyone else what is talked about during this time. If you work together do not talk about other people at work. Do not talk about your spouse. You want this time to be about you and your sins and how you can live a more Godly life. You will both grow greatly. If one of the people do not do the reading that week then it will be the assignment for the next week. Hold each other accountable to make changes in your life. Write down goals and ask each other the next week if you kept those goals. Remember we go to God on his terms and not on ours.
3. Start a Bible Study. It should be 3-12 people in size. If it is more break the group up into two groups. Have a weekly Bible Study with Christians and those that you have shared the gospel with. Train those that are in your Bible Study to have a Bible Study of their own with the people that they have shared the gospel with. Each week you will pick a section of the Bible to go through. You can use this document as a guide to have your Bible Study. You are training others to be trainers of others in all matters of the Bible. I know you do not know much but as you learn to teach others you will learn quickly.
4. Pray, Pray, Pray. Once yo have repented and trusted in Jesus you have a direct line to God. It is a great privilege to be able to pray to God. If you have never spent time praying you can use this document to help you pray.
5. Learn to share your faith. You can do that here.
More training in the formula that is described here can be found at www.zumeproject.org. However, they teach contemplative prayer and we do not endorse that. "If you want to hear God speak you should read the Bible. If you want to hear God speak audibly you should read the Bible out loud." - Justin Peters
We use Biblical Evangelism which you can learn at www.livingwaters.com.
We also want you to use good hermeneutics and so we have added to their Bible Study format.