2nd Timothy 3:16–17 all Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent equipped for every good work.
God's word is very important because for the believer in Jesus Christ it contains gods will for your life. Not only that it is profitable for anything having to do with the Christian life. For the Christian, it is the only source of divine authority. The Bible supersedes all human knowledge and insight, because it is given in totality by God.
1. The Bible is infallible: Infallible means that the Bible is completely trustworthy as a guide to salvation and a life of faith and will not fail to accomplish its purpose. Psalm 19:7 says “ the law of the Lord is perfect converting the soul, the testimony of the Lord is sure making wise the simple”.
2.The Bible is inerrant: Proverbs chapter 30: 5- 6 states "every word of God proves true....... Do not add to his words, lest he rebuke you and you be found a liar". God's word is without error in all of its parts. We need not add to it and we dare not take away from it.
3. The Bible is complete: There are many people today who are seeking for hidden truth. This is actually gone on for 2000 years. There are those that make claims that the Bible is not complete. However, the 66 books that we have in the modern Bible contain all of God's written revelation. Revelation 22:18–19 states it this way: “ I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone asked of them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book” We do not need books describing hell, telling us that heaven is real, or stating how to live our best life now. The Bible is complete, and for the Christian there is nothing more we need to know.
4. The Bible is authoritative: in all the topics that the Bible talks about it is authoritative. God knows more than we do, and what he is revealed in the Bible is fully authoritative. This includes science, history, language, and, of course, theology. God did not forget anything, everything we need to know about him and about salvation is contained in this book. It is the final revelation. Psalm 119:89 says “forever O Lord your word is firmly fixed in the heavens”. God does not need to go back and edit his word for our time. It is as authoritative today as it was when it was written. If our world goes on for 10,000 more years, God's word will remain authoritative.
5. The Bible is totally sufficient: There are many in modern times the question the sufficiency of what is contained in the Bible. Some seek wisdom, love, relaxation, and knowledge outside of the holy pages. For the Christian there is no other source. Our needs can totally be met by the God who inspired this book. Referring back to 2nd Timothy 3:16–17; "...that the man of God may be competent equipped for every good work”.
6. The Bible keeps all of its promises: Because it is inspired by God who cannot lie, the Bible will fully keep all of the promises contained with init Isaiah 55:11 says “so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it”. We can be assured that what the Bible says is true, and that the God of the Bible will keep all of the promises contained within.
7. The Bible provides the Christian with assurance of salvation: Being able to read and understand what the Bible teaches us proves that you have been born again. Jesus said “my sheep hear my voice”. If you love the word of God, read the word of God, and apply the word of God, you can be assured that you are one of his sheep. John 20:31 states it like this “ but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ,the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.